For the first time in nearly two years, there are no scaffolds covering the front of St. Mark’s Episcopal Church on Route 30.
Work was recently completed to repair and restore the masonry at the Southborough church’s bell and clock tower.
“The bell and clock tower will continue to serve as a prominent and highly recognizable feature of the historic town center and part of the cultural landscape for future generations,” according to a press release issued by the church.
The church was built in the early 1860s by local businessman Joseph Burnett; the bell and clock tower was added in 1891 and gifted to the church by Charles F. Choate. Burnett also founded St. Mark’s School.