To promote readiness for antiracism work, the Racial Justice Commission's Systems and Structures Subcommittee invites all leaders and interested people in the diocese to take part in a six-part Zoom workshop series called "Race, Church and Healing" with consultant Bryana Clover.
From the subcommittee: "We hope to bring informal and formal leadership together across our diocesan community to provide a shared foundation of understanding, and pray you will be moved to join us."
The schedule is below and includes six sessions, to be recorded for those with schedule conflicts. Interspersed between these communal workshops are affinity groups – one for BIPOC participants and one for white participants – to allow for continuing conversation and processing.
"To those who are in need of healing, we pray these affinity groups will provide space for that. For those who need to be roused to dismantle white supremacy culture and its influences on our life as a diocese, we pray that will be the outcome."
The full schedule of workshop sessions and affinity groups follows:
- Tuesday, Feb 28, 6-8 p.m.: Session 1
- Monday, March 6, 6-7 p.m.: Affinity groups*
- Tuesday, March 14, 6-8 p.m.: Session 2
- Tuesday, March 21, 6-7 p.m.: Affinity groups
- Tuesday, March 28, 6-8 p.m.: Session 3
- Tuesday, April 11, 6-7 p.m.: Affinity groups
- Tuesday, April 18, 6-8 p.m.: Session 4
- Tuesday, May 2, 6-7 p.m.: Affinity groups
- Tuesday, May 9, 6-8 p.m.: Session 5
- Tuesday, May 16, 6-7 p.m.: Affinity groups
- Tuesday, May 23, 6-8 p.m.: Session 6
*Affinity groups will not be recorded.